DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL,DULIAJAN
Practice test -2
Sub: Social Science Marks: 80
Class: X Time: 3 hours
1. What was the main aim of French Revolution? 1
Name the writer who wrote the book “The History of Loss of Vietnam”.
2. How were ‘Bilotheque Bleue’ different from penny chap books? 1
Which major theme is taken up by the women in their novels?
3. Why was the Haldia seaport set up? 1
4. What does the system of ‘checks and balances’ ensure in power sharing? 1
5. Why one cannot refuse a payment made in rupees in India? 1
6. What attracts the foreign investment? 1
7. What are trade barriers? 1
8. How had the female figures become an allegory of the nation during nineteenth century
in Europe? Analyse. 3
How did Vietnamese women participate as workers during war with the US? Explain.
9. Who was Monocchio? Mention any two contributions of him in the field of print culture in
the sixteenth century. 3
How did serialisation of novels increase the popularity of novels and magazines?
10. What efforts are required to use mineral resources in a planned and sustainable
manner? Explain in three points. 3
11. Distinguish between large scale and small scale industries. Give two examples of each. 3
12. Who was the leader of Civil Rights Movement? Describe the importance of this movement. 3
13. Name the national political party which espouses secularism and welfare of weaker sections
and minorities. Mention any four features of that party. 3
14. How would you like to expand definition of democracy? Explain. 3
15. Suggest any three measures of sustainable development. 3
16. Classify the producing sectors on the basis of nature of activities. Mention the main
features of it. 3
17. Why do lenders ask for collaterals while lending? Analyse the reasons. 3
18. “Foreign trade is an important component of globalisation”. Explain any three points in
this regard. 3
19. Explain the effects of the Great Depression of 1929 on the Indian economy. 5
“Getting a job in factories was always difficult in the nineteenth century”. Justify the
statement comparing the case of England and India.
Explain any five sources of entertainment which came up in the nineteenth century in
England to provide leisure activities.
20. Why did Mahatma Gandhi relaunch the Civil Disobedient Movement with great
apprehension? Explain. 5
Describe the composition of tricolour flag designed during the Swadeshi Movement in Bengal.
21. What is the manufacturing sector? Why is it considered as the backbone of development?
Interpret the reasons. 5
22. “Transport and trade are complementary to each other”. Justify in five points. 5
Explain any five characteristics of Kandla Sea-port .
23. Explain any five advantages of decentralisation of power. 5
24. Examine the main “ challenges” before political parties. 5
Describe three advantages and two disadvantages of the political expression of caste differences.
25. “Developmental goals are different for different people”. Explain the statement with appropriate examples. 5
What is per capita income? “Per capita income does not reveal disparities” Explain with a numerical example.
26. Locate and label the following places: 2
(a) The place where the peasants organised Satyagraha.
(b) The place which is associated to calling off the Non-Cooperation Movement.
27. Locate and label the following : 3
(a) Tungabhadra Dam
(b) Harduaganj – Nuclear Power Plant
(c) An international airport in North-east.